Calvary Member Covenant
As Christians, we have repented of our sin and put our trust in the Resurrected Jesus and His finished work on the cross. We are united in Christ and therefore are members together of one body of believers. We are relying on the grace of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to live as God’s holy covenant community, under the leadership and authority of our Elders, in these ways:
Together, we will draw near to God and each other in weekly worship.
- We will delight in the glory of God and submit to the Word of God as the all-sufficient authority in our lives and community.
- We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, but will confess sin to one another, pray for one another, sing truth to one another, and forgive one another just as Christ has forgiven us.
- We will give cheerfully and generously to support the ministries of Calvary Baptist, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel to all nations.
Together, we will stir one another up to Christ-centered love.
- We will share each other’s joys and bear each other’s burdens.
- We will listen carefully to one another, build up one another with our speech, and encourage one another with our example.
- We will avoid speech marked by envy, strife or complaining; rather, we will speak the truth in love, gently admonishing, and humbly receiving correction from one another.
- We will help each other fight the temptations in our hearts towards sin.
Together, we will spread the message of the Gospel.
- We will humbly serve Christ through participation in Calvary Baptist’s ministries.
- We will foster family worship and teach the next generation about Jesus.
- We will seek the salvation of our family, friends, and neighbors.
- As members of God’s pure bride, we will strive to live wisely in the world, denying ungodliness and remembering that we are called to live holy lives.
- We will be zealous in our united efforts to advance the kingdom of God for God’s global glory.