History

Calvary Baptist Church was started in 1911 by a shoe salesman who wanted to reach the German immigrants of Bethlehem, Pa. In its more than one hundred year history, Calvary’s growth has prompted the church to move four times, most recently in 2011, to Green Pond Road in Bethlehem Township.

Calvary Baptist Church is a member of the North American Baptist Conference.

To learn more about Calvary’s history, watch this video documentary that was made in 2011 to celebrate our 100th anniversary: